Sunday, February 06, 2005

My first century

Big day yesterday, Such a big day I couldn't pick out one picture to share the experience so I'm giving all you faithful readers an entire album to look at. I turned over a milestone that every cyclist has to turn over at some point in their lives yesterday. I know that to most serious guys it's not a huge deal, but I rode 100 miles. Scott and I rolled out about 10am to some brisk temperatures. It quickly warmed up as we headed through Milliken and Johnstown. We rode down to Longmont and west to Rabbit Mountain Open Space where we climbed the last little climb a couple times. We then followed our tracks back to Milliken, but rode up the "Russian" and in on 10th Street, did that climb in the 53x12's then down to the bike path on 34, and up to iBike where the computers turned over 161.5 kilometers. Converted to SAE, thats a hundred miles. The total ride time was 6 hrs, 13 minutes, which averages out to about 16mph. Not smoking fast, but hey, I'm not that fast this time of the year. Maybe we'll do a hundred mile time trial in August. We actually sat around iBike until it was dark and cold which didn't take too long, and we conned Mike into giving us a ride back to the apartment. Mike got a new Cannondale Prophet and just built it up yesterday so naturally we had to hit up the Rio for fajitas and margs (for those of us who were old enough) to celebrate the ride and the bike. Jordan came with too and we all had a grande time! Mike had us all cracking up by the end of a marg or two, he's always got a couple great stories to share. Ask him what would happen if he ever caught you stealing a bike off his car in front of a grocery store, I still think that is my favorite Feighny tale. After the Rio I passed out, I woke up 10 hours later feeling like I'd got 4 hours of sleep, I guess it's gonna take me a while to recover from this one. I worked a double today, I guess you could say I worked a triple if that is possible since there was no busser this morning so I bussed and hosted, then bussed tonight. After all that I have about 25 bucks to show for the day. The super bowl is finally over so I don't have to hear about it for another year, thank god. I even tried to get into the spirit by enter a little work super bowl pool. Something about pick a square, give us 3 bucks and we'll give you a bunch when the game is over. Turns out I have 3 more dollars of hatred for the super bowl now. I think I'm going to sleep great again tonight, I better sleep reall well, I'm plannin on riding Rist Canyon on Tuesday with my boss Christie. Mike, I'll be in to get that 26 from you tomorrow. I hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did.

- I wonder how many drunken overweight hicks are pissed off right now because the Eagles ruined their whole year.

P.S. here is the link to the ofoto album

Just copy and paste it into a new window, I know it doesn't all copy, but just copy what you can and paste it, it will work.

1 comment:

Danny Boy said...

i looked at your pictures on ofoto. they were fun. congrats on the first century. i bet you felt cool after it