Sunday, January 23, 2005

Work Sucks

Ok, works not so bad, its just working doubles that I hate. So I went in at about 10:30 this morning, sat around and took all 15 customers to their tables. I got so bored that I bundled crayons into the 6 packs we hand them out in, for at least an hour and a half. I got an awesome 2 hour break from a little after 2:30 to 4:30, then back to bus tables for the rest of the night. Just got home now at quarter to 10, tired, cranky, and eighteen dollars richer, but I can balance a broom on my chin for at least 10 seconds, I can spin a round tray on one finger and keep it going for 5-10 seconds, and I got to hokey (those crappy restaurant vacuums) an entire restaurant. This kid came in that lived in my dorm freshman year (I actually met Jordan at his birthday party). Anyway, I don't like him at all, just one of the those annoying TABish kids that was always to cocky to say hi in the hallway, but he came in with this girl and another couple. They sat in the bar at least 30 minutes after we closed, they were the last people in the place, so we all just stood behind the bar and stared trying to get them to leave, but instead of taking a hint, Jon Ray (the kid) just starts making out with the chick. The other kids with them just sat across the booth and kept talking and kind've watching. It was one of the more bizarre things I've see since I started working. I'm home now and I have a little Spanish (or mexican as Scott calls it) homework that I better get crackin on. No pictures today, tomorrow I'm gonna try and get a long ride in since I hear it's supposed to be nice. Did I mention it was about 65 degrees here this afternoon? Which brings me to my next point of disgust. The Rio was dead this morning, dead this evening, and the only excuse I can get is that the playoffs are on TV. It was 65 degrees, blue skies, not a breath of wind, keep in mind this is January in northern Colorado, not Arizona. So instead of enjoying the kind of day that falls on a Sunday when everyone has the day off, Greeley stayed inside and watched a stupid football game. I just don't understand how you can get that into something that is so far removed from your real life. I mean I went and ate lunch at Glenmere Park with Jordan and there were hardly people there, just because you might have started wide receiver your senior year of high school doesn't mean you can't miss a freeking game on TV. I currently am a bike racer, and I love to watch races on TV, but if I ever had to decide between going on a ride or watching a race on TV, I'd be out the door getting a tan in January every time. Anyway, I just get tired of hearing about football everywhere I go, hopefully that will all be over in a few weeks here, when is the SuperBowl?

Man sits down at a booth tonight with his family, so I bring them a few bowls of chips and salsa.

Me: Hey, How's it going?

Man: Eagles are going to the Super Bowl.

Me: So is that a good thing?

Man: They beat the Falcons.

I get frustrated because this guy is using no expression whatsoever, says it all with a blank look, so I threw the chips down and walked away and he didn't get fresh chips the rest of the night.

Thats all for now, thanks for reading (that is if any of you made it this far). Time for the HW, I'll be sure and bring the camera along on my ride tomorrow, maybe I'll go phone searching? I'll end with the words of my good buddy CL. After telling me he put a couple semesters tuition on the Credit Card.

"College pays for itself, and Credit Cards are free money, and I'm an accounting major"

No comments: