Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Movie Review #1

The other day I was on the phone with my good friend Justin and he told me that since I really don't have a social life and I spend most of my time watching movies and now writing on this site, I should do some movie reviews. This is the first of man to come.

Wicker Park

Starring Josh Hartnett (Still think he looks like Rusty's friend Nick) and Rose Byrne (yeah I'd never seen her before either)

This is a confusing movie that leaves you anxious and frustrated right up until the end. It's kind've got that Pulp Fiction thing going where the story is jumping around, although this is pretty easy to follow. It's the story of these two people who were in love but were separated and hadn't seen or heard from each other in two years. By coincidence their paths begin to cross although they never seem to get together even as close as they come. In the process Matthew (Josh Hartnett) meets this girl who it turns out is dating his friend some doofus shoe sales man (played by the kid from the Real World on the 90's Blockbuster "She's All That." Anyway, I won't tell you what happens in the end, but I would have gone for the psycho chick, at least I thought she was a lot cuter then Lisa (the one he's after) and thats what love is about right? Looks? I think thats all I have to say, I'll definitely give it a 5 star rating. Other tidbits to look for, Fiance to be has horribly creepy teeth, Josh Hartnett's furrowed brows alway make him look like he's gonna cry, and finally I didn't think the psycho girl was any better actress after she'd been in love, but maybe I don't understand whatever type of theatre that was.

No comments: