Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stage 2.

Welp, not a lot to report on the day. The stage was ultra cool, nice and mellow for the first 65 miles. Then we turned onto the climb. The fun mellow part ended immediately. Walker Savidge got to the front and started setting tempo so I went up and traded pulls with him. We got a little gap right away, but everything came back together after the first steep part because it leveled out and got windy. I sat in, and decided to "save it" for the climb, but as soon as the road kicked up again, I went straight backwards. I yo-yoed off the back of the lead climbers for the first mile or so, but once I cracked, I CRACKED. People kept slipping by me one after another. Every time I got passed, I'd say, alright, no one else is going to pass me, but there was always someone else there that was more than happy to pass. I ended up holding onto 19th place, and now I'm 18th in the GC. I guess there is still a lot of racing left. Hopefully I can move up a little over these next few days.

In other news... I'm in Silver City and there isn't anything going on, that's the news. The newest crowd to roll into our camp area has a "know-it-all" mechanic on board that evidently likes to talk about how much he knows about bikes. In case you were all wondering, a 14sp rear derailleur makes the most sense because you can run an 11-25 without missing a gear. Also don't EVER clean your drivetrain the night before a race or it won't shift right in the race. There is a lot more, but I don't think I'm willing to share this wealth of knowledge.

I think that's all I've got, but thanks for reading.

P.S. Results. G.C.

1 comment:

Evan Sandstrom said...

this guy knows his shit take notes corey im interested