Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Stage 1.

The TT done, and I don't have to do another one until June at least. I couldn't be happier about that. The TT went OK I guess. I was the 8th rider off, and I caught my 30 second guy right away, and saw what I thought was my minute man not too far ahead of him. It turns out it was my 1:30 guy, and I caught him just at the top of the climb. I had an awesome rythym through that first part, but then lost it on the rollers that came next. I suffered through them, but my 30 second guy caught me at the turn around. We kind've yo-yo'ed the whole way back. I caught him and passed him on the climb, but he got it back on the final decent. He finished just a few seconds ahead of me, so I was feeling pretty crappy about my result.

Scott finished a while later and we drove out on the course to yell at Nicky. She looked good, but I guess her bike crapped out on her, one clip-on was dangling by the finish and she had to get off to put her chain back on.

After that we checked results. I ended up 18th, 2:3? back on the leader. Scott was right there in 19th 6 seconds behind me. It wasn't the result I was looking for, and I think I could have ridden the course a little faster, but I didn't. Having both of us within striking distance will make for some good racing for the rest of the week.

Ian Burnett, a kid from the FLC team won the TT in style. I think he has like 30 seconds on 2nd. Congrats to him, he's a really nice kid, and his dad actually gave me a ride to my car after I crashed on Stage 1 in 2004 when i was a Cat. 4. Anyway, it'll be cool for him to wear the pink tomorrow, but hopefully I can make the rest of his and 16 other people's lives miserable from here on out.

Now it's shower time. Sorry to hear your bad news Brian. Tell me it isn't so. I'll be back to comfort you on Monday. We can buy cookie dough and watch Friends all day and bitch about our "ex's."

Thanks to everyone for checking in and all the comments. Keep 'em rolling in.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"COOKIE DOUGH & FRIENDS"? I GUESS YOU WILL BE STAYING IN THE CAMP GROUND ON FRIDAY & SATURDAY! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND CALL ME TOMORROW NIGHT!! GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!

Jared Pitroski said...

I want to watch Will & Grace!! Keep it up man sounds like you're feeling well. Make sure to go balls deep tomorrow.
Keep checking out the website, I leave on Saturday!

Ciao

Anonymous said...

glad to see you guys did well...hope that cold doesnt affect you too bad. tell scott to update. hope you guys lay the wood down this week.

ds

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T QUIT YOU!!

Senior Administration Official said...

I'd prefer "Sex and the City". Unfortunately, all is well in coupledom, but I'm still up for the cookie dough route.

TT: Jolly on you and Scott.