Monday, January 22, 2007

Roller Party!

I was going to take today off and hope for some outdoor riding the rest of the week. The at about 3 I decided that I'm getting out of town for a few days after work tomorrow, so there will definitely be no riding tomorrow. This left me with a long solo roller ride, so to help pass the time I rented a couple DVD's of Six Feet Under and invited a few guys from the UNC team over to share in the misery. I hoped on around 5, Brian got here at 5:30, and then Dana joined us at 6:15. We managed to keep things going until 8, so we all got pretty decent rides in.

Last night I rode off the rollers and stacked it up in the middle of my living room all alone. I stood up a little too fast and went right off the front of the rollers. I was relieved that no one was here to see it, but after Brian did the same thing in front of Dana and I tonight, I felt bad that I didn't have to deal with the embarrassment that I could see running through his body.

I saw a new roller trick on the online a few days ago and had to give it a whirl. I managed to successfully do a couple 1 minute intervals without ever really going down, although I did have to put a foot down once.



I know the video is a little dark, but you can make out what's going on. Sorry about Dana's harry chest, it's not his fault. That's all I've got, thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

...after Brian did the same thing in front of Dana and I tonight, I felt bad that I didn't have to deal with the embarrassment that I could see running through his body.

That wasn't embarrassment. The astonished look on my face was a result of absolute stupefaction. Somehow, I was able to halt my thundering thighs of power and negate the raw energy coursing through my rippling muscles, without tearing up the carpet and floorboards, or crashing through your living room window (or wall, even!).

That I was able to spin out the rollers and cause its mechanical failure was not a cause for mortification. Rather, the fact that I did not reduce the foundation of your house to mere timber and concrete crumbs explains my flushed countenance. Imagine that the priests circling Jericho were consciously able to restrain their trumpets' blare, contrary to God's behest, and you might understand a smidgeon of this marvel.

Anyway, you want to know what's embarrassing? That abomination you called a beard.

Anonymous said...

i think you meant HAIRY chests
sw