Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 5

I broke down and rode the trainer today, something I was hoping I could avoid all winter. I can handle the snow and ice outside, it actually adds a little stimulation and excitement to riding outside, but what I can't do is this 3 degrees above zero crap. I just decided that I'm ready for winter to be over. I know the cold will make me a grittier racer, but when it gets this cold, I'm just going to turn into a fatter racer.

I worked all day yesterday, then went on a little cleaning spree. I managed to clean and organize my entire apartment, including all the closets in just under 4 hours. I went out for a little bit with Scott and Ray after that, but I don't think I'll be showing my face at the Cactus Canyon for a long time, hopefully never again. Man that place sucks. I always forget how lame it is until I get back the next time. Oh well. This afternoon I sewed a huge patch onto some jeans that I'd blown out this fall. They were my favorite pants and I'm glad to have them back, although I'm sure they've got a limited number of bend overs and squats in them before that large slit in the rear reappears.

The forecast looks like it should be getting warmer by the middle of next week, so I just need to figure out how to survive the trainer until then. I borrowed Steve's Kreitler rollers, so hopefully that'll help the time pass. I did some one legged intervals on them tonight, that's interesting to say the least. Hopefully someday I'll be able to do it no handed like the dude on YouTube. Alright, I'm out, thanks for checking in.

No comments: