Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wasting Time, ToC, Elevator Music

My mom got on my case because it's been a few days since I've posted anything on here, so I figured, if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy, or something along those lines. My week has been pretty uneventful. I thought I had to work Monday night, so I rode early, cut my ride a little short, and showed up on time only to find out that I was on call and didn't have to work. I ran into the Feighny's on my way home and joined them with a group back at the Rio.

Yesterday I got in a good ride, met up with some of the UNC kids, got to watch Brian pop his calves over and over again for a couple hours. Last night, just as I've done the last three nights, I sat around and watched the Tour of California on Versus. Scott and Brian have been coming over as well to take advantage of my cable TV. I guess it's paying off in the end, gotta make friends somehow.

It's awesome to have cycling on TV, although we were noting last night, "Versus" would be the worst channel on TV if it weren't for cycling. I love how the cycling coverage is always sandwiched between ultimate fighting and bull riding.

I personally was a little disgusted with the ToC on Stage one. For those of you who don't know, the officials neutralized the finishing circuits because a crash took out some of the leaders. I understand nobody wants to see a race decided by a crash, but isn't that why GC teams have to work to keep their riders out of the danger? And also, why were only some of the crash victims given the same time as the leaders. Rory Sutherland had an awesome ride in the prologue, but was timed at 1.25 back after he crashed in the finish of stage one, yet Levi and Donald were given the time of the leaders? So Levi retains the jersey, and Sutherland gets bumped from 4th to 97th in the same crash? I guess I'm a little bitter because I would have LOVED to see Ben Jacques-Maynes in the leaders jersey, but the officials ruling stands, even if it makes no sense.

I'm riding with Scott today, but he bumped the departure time back a half an hour. I suppose I should get dressed and leave on time for once. Today will be my chance to shine. I was 20 minutes late meeting Scott the other day, I managed to miss him on the road, then crash answering my phone when he called to see where I was. Today should be better, but we'll see.

I've been listening to Elevator Music all morning. ERod, the singer, guitarist, songwriter trained me to bus the first time I worked at the Rio, and has been a good friend since. I always forget they have music on their website. Maybe someday I'll be able to get a CD?

That's all for now, thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update...got up to 48 degrees here today, so we are smiling! Mattie and Dad went for a run while I took a nap! Doctor told me I will be dragging for another 6 weeks--happy thought:(

Corey Carlson said...

So Rory Sutherland is back into 3rd GC, either cyclingnews or I botched that one. Sorry for the confusion.

-CC

Senior Administration Official said...

Sheesh, what kind of loser comments on their own blog?

Pathetic.