Monday, February 05, 2007

First crash of '07.

I rode 3.5 hours this afternoon, and then crashed just as I turned into my parking lot at the end of my ride. I slipped on some ice and fell in a puddle that was deep enough to cover my mid section. I'm glad it was at the end of my ride, or I would have FROZEN since I was soaking wet when I got inside.

I rode an hour this morning, then picked up Alex Lewis at the dorms for another two hours. I thought I'd packed enough food, but by the time we got to Milliken, I was STARVING. I ate an absolutely glorious breakfast burrito at a gas station and cruised in just in time to shower and go work at the Rio. I didn't make much money, but I did get $10 in $2 bills from some old guy. If you're really nice I might send you one, just paypal $5 to coreycrlsn@hotmail.com.

For those of you who haven't heard, I've gotten the chance to work with Rick Crawford and the Endurance Training Network as a satellite coach. I'll be working with a few individual clients this year and hopefully working with a collegiate team here in Colorado, but there will be more to come on that front at a later date.

That's all for now, I'll have pictures of this weekend's group ride on here soon. Thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

For what it's worth, I'm sitting outside the music library at 2:50 am, trashed on wine, and reading your blog.

I hope you update in the next ten minutes, because it's cold.

Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't in your sparkly new kit
sw
ps the word verification to post this is "ccfit" are you using subliminal messaging on your blog now

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of a little "ice fall" out behind Hansen Willis....