Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Once again it's been a while.

I'm still alive and kicking. Sorry for the lack of updates. Christmas was good to me as always. This elephant was definitely the coolest present I got, although I also got a bundle of cool things from my family, and my apartment continues to change shape and the sunflowers continually get more and more obnoxious with every new item I've gotten. I'm just kidding, I love each and ever sunflower I've received, especially, but not limited to the hand sewn dishtowel my grandma made fore me. She also made me a bitchin' dishtowel with a UNC Bear riding a red bicycle.

My break was nice, I wish it could have been a month longer, but that's how every break goes I guess. The break started off with a lot of hunting, which I really enjoyed since I haven't really done any since high school. I think watching Mattie evolve before my eyes into a better and better hunting dog was one of the highlights of the whole break. I got to see most all of my family for Christmas, then enjoyed a relaxing few weeks in Yankton. I played so much Scrabble that I even beat my mom by the end of break. For those of you who know her, you know what a feat that is. On top of that I watched more movies that I can count, perfected my sharpshooting skills with a .22, hiked almost daily with my little sister, spent some time with some close friends, and hopefully took one more step toward figuring out just exactly who Corey Carlson is, and what I'm supposed to be doing here. I can't say I'm overjoyed to be back in Greeley, but it's something that I need to do, and I plan to make the most of it.

I'm in school once again, back in the Education program. I'm currently enrolled in 9 credits with 4 more still hopefully on the way. Green carding into classes has always been good to me, so let's cross our fingers that my luck hasn't changed and I'll be able to finish out my coursework here at UNC this semester. Then it's just a couple of semesters of student teaching and I'm done. Yeah, count 'em up, that's 5 full years, but what can ya do?

Tonight Scott and I went to BONK, a live gameshow thing here at UNC. I didn't get picked to play, but that's alright with me, I don't do well in front of groups of people. Kari helped put it on, and although attendance was slim, I think it was a success for her and UPC. I got a T-Shirt out of the deal, but they were handing out iPod shuffles like no one's business, I guess I would've had a better chance at winning one if I'd have been louder.

Well, I think bedtime is rolling around pretty soong, I've gotta be up and ready to rock for a full day by 9:30 tomorrow. Class, then off to the International Bike for what is looking like a stimulating 7 hours of working alone. Nothing like jumping right back into things where I left off. I just hope I still know how to run the register. That's all for now. Anyway, I hope I haven't lost all my loyal following. Thanks for checking in.

Day 3 of perfect attendance is in the books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your break was good and you got back safe, keep the updates coming- all my checking of your site is paying off...