Friday, January 20, 2006

The attendance streak lives on.

9 days now, would have been 10, but Martin Luther King stole a day of learning from me. Last night I went out way too big again to celebrate the two week mark. Luckily class didn't start till 2:30 this afternoon. I've been living the typical college kid life the past couple weeks, and not to say it isn't fun and all, but I think it's time to turn things around. This Sunday I got roped into a century which could get really ugly. If there is an upside to it, I know I won't be blown from a hard week of training. I just hope I can survive, I'm seriously considering a double chamois. It looks like I'll be riding my mountain bike again since my road bike is still sans front derailleur clamp. I was gonna try and pull off a fixed gear with my Surly frame, but I just realized I need to tape the bars on it, and I'll have no way of getting any bar tape before Sunday as I will be cross country skiing all day tomorrow. Maybe I'll ride my blue fixed gear? Anyway, if you couldn't tell, I'm a pretty boring guy, deciding what bike to ride will be the highlight of my week. You knew that you wouldn't find any excitement here though, it does say "Boring" right in the title. A few of you loyal readers may not have noticed that I've been supplying you with infrequent boring updates for an entire year now. I hope you've all enjoyed the past year, it's had it's ups and downs, but I'm glad you all got to come along for the ride with me.

It's time to go clean out my car since I get to drive 3 strangers around tomorrow. I don't think they'll appreciate the trainer, Tufo tires, or electric skillet in the back seat. I don't even know what's in the trunk, I'd better get on that and get to bed early. Thanks for stopping by, and if any of you have any questions about "instinct," I've recently learned that Scott Wenzel is an expert on the subject.

Who knows what they were doing a year ago today? I do, I was sliding down 28th Ave. on my left ass cheek pretending that my iPod was a PDA.

No comments: