Sunday, September 25, 2005

Man, I need to get a life.

This morning I started talking to Scott online and we agreed to meet up for a ride. I took my time getting ready, plenty of coffee, shower, and a shave. Scott picked me up and after about a block or two of riding we returned to my apartment and I hopped in my cross bike. We were going to do a little photo and movie shoot at the cross course at Aims so I could actually see what I look like getting off and on my bike. We rode out O Road on our way and I had Scott anti-motorpace me since I wasn't racing this weekend, but still wanted a good hard workout. My lack of fitness and 40mm tires allowed Scott to set a pretty intense pace for me. It didn't last quite as long as a real motorpacing session might have, but for not supplying the horsepower himself, Scott did a great job and managed to make my eyes cross a few times. By the time we got back into town we decided a coffee break was a better idea than the photo opportunity. During our Charbucks stop we were discussing the effects of the "curse of the world champion." For those of you who don't know, Worlds was today and Tom Boonen won. I like Boonen a lot so I hope this curse doesn't plague him as it did Cipo, Roland Green, and many others. We were thinking that possibly these people suffer from a lack of motivation, after all when you are the best in the world, where else is there to go? That's when Scott came up with the astounding idea of the "Intergalactic Games." Martians running around on bikes that glow in the dark and make cool beeping and swooshing sounds could be pretty entertaining to watch. I went to the trouble to design the champions jersey in advance just to strike a little motivation into Boonen for next year. We'll have to see where it goes from here.

That's all for now. Tomorrow is class then I might go practice some mounts and dismounts.

P.S. that jersey took just as long to create as it appears to have taken, and yes, those are UFO's on the riders left shoulder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah you guys are pretty silly but hey thats why we like ya. boonen is pretty cool...a lot cooler then cipo (and he doesnt drop out the tour) and the same cool as roland...

where can i buy one of those jerseys..or do you have to earn it?

ds

Anonymous said...

I would like to get a jersey as well, but only if I can get a matching head band.

pn

Anonymous said...

your traps are probably a little too big for the intergalactic jersey
sw

Anonymous said...

i too would agree that pn's traps are too big...a man with traps that big could not, and should not, put on a intergalactic jersey...

ds

Corey Carlson said...

you know what they say about guys with big traps... they catch big animals.