Sunday, June 17, 2007

Curtis Park Crit.

I'm off to Denver to do the Curtis Park Crit, the last stage of the Rocky Mountain Omnium. I didn't do the TT or the Road Race because I went to Steve and Emily Forbes' wedding yesterday afternoon at DU. Steve is one of our fast guys on the DU team. They had a very nice wedding outside on the DU campus and then a reception in some banquet hall afterward. It was fun and a few kids from the team were back in town, so it was good to see them and Jami got to meet a couple of the team members so it was a good day all around.

I haven't done this race before, but it looks to be fast and aggressive, 50 minutes on a 1k lap with 6 corners I think. I'm going to try and hit up the pool at my new apartment in Denver afterwards so that should be fun. It's been HOT lately, so the pool could be just the ticket.

I need to start moving soon, but I'm dreading it more and more with every passing day. I'm super excited to get to Denver, but moving is going to be miserable. I have a lot of junk, and worst of all, I think I'm going to have to throw away most of the stuff from my "fun drawer." If anyone wants two years worth of glasses lenses, old keys, happy meal toys, string, wrestling headgear, darts, and other cool stuff, let me know. It'll be free to a good home.

Alright, I'm gonna get. Thanks for checking in.

P.S. USA Cycling approved my Cat. 1 upgrade this week. I just sent off an email to the ACA, so I'll hopefully have that soon too.

No comments: