Sunday, December 03, 2006

200th Post!

So, I made it to 200 posts on this here blog. Everyone I know who hopped on the bandwagon in that first month back in 2005 have deleted theirs by now, some more than once. Sorry to see you all go, but I'm still around and I have no intentions of leaving. Anyway, thanks to everyone for reading. Over the last two years I've picked up a gaggle of regular readers, some of who I've lived with, others that I've been long time friends with, more that I've become friends with, and even some I've never met. Sorry the content is usually so lame, but it is what it is. That being said...

I got 10th today in Morrison. The race was on almost the same course as three weeks ago, with a few modifications. I like the course a lot, but it's hard with a fair amount of elevation gain each lap, some technical sections, and today, a lot of mud, snow, and ice. I had a great start, 4th across the start/finish, but quickly moved back. I jumped around between 8th, and 11th, but settled in to a comfortable position and got 10th. I was really hoping for more, but it wasn't there. I think the course was good prep for nationals coming up here in two weeks (if the course in RI is anything like it was last year), and I'm feeling more confident in the slippery stuff all the time. I think my work at the park this week paid off a lot, as I felt like I could carry some decent speed through some slick corners.

This week will probably be fairly busy with school wrapping up, but I think I'll be able to get through it. I'd like to send a big thanks to my lady friend Ambrette for freezing her tail off the past couple weeks to run around the courses and cheer for me. It's a huge help and I appreciate it. That's all for now. Thanks for checking in. I hope you look forward to the next 200 boring posts as much as I do. Sorry for the lack of photos this new blogger beta thing sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job the past few weeks in staying up front. Looks like your going to have high place in the BAR/BAT siting in 6th right now. Looks like i work this saturday & not going to make it to boulder. Good luck at state's and nationals!!