Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Its been a while again


Oval Sprint
Originally uploaded by coreycrlsn.
This picture is pretty old, March 27th to be exact. Thats me in the red helmet. I just got back from Durango Sunday night after a super hard weekend of racing. We had a Team Time Trial on Sat. morning and we killed it. Our team was Scott and I and a couple of the B guys from our team, Mikeal and Nick, so I was curious to see how it would go, but we averaged over 40kms an hour over the rolling 30km course. I was lucky enough to be on the front when we caught our 1 minute team which was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced on a bike. We blew past them on this little false flat thing and I even got to yell at them to get out of the way. The crit was a little sketchy, but CU once again crapped out and pulled their whole team, so we had to do 2 20 minute heats and a 30 minute final. I didn't make the final, but Scott did and after watching it, I'm actually a little grateful that I didn't make it, it was super super fast. Sunday was the infamous Ft. Lewis Circuit Race that scales the front hill to campus 10 times. I'm guessing its about a 500ft gain each lap, plus a couple other small climbs on the back of the lap, so probably close to 6,000 ft of climbing over 50-55 miles of fast fast racing. Needless to say I didn't stay with the lead group long. I actually felt descent the first 5 or 6 times up the hill, but I cracked on a little climb on the backside of the 6th lap and limped in alone from there. This was the first time I've finished this race so I was happy about that, but how good can it feel to be the last finisher? Oh well, Now I just need to finish off the school year, we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I can get a couple car ride pictures up from the way home, 7.5 hours in the car can make you crazy.

No comments: