Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Quick new feature.

So.

The newspaper in the town I grew up in had a daily feature called the daily record. It's a summary of all the police reports from the following day or few days. Every day, people in Yankton, South Dakota wake up, eat their breakfast or drink their coffee, and read about who got into car wrecks, or who got arrested over the past few days. Tuesday's are always the best because it encompasses the whole weekend. Lately I've been reading the Daily Record online at www.yankton.net and I think it would be a shame if I didn't post the best of the daily findings on here. Last week it was a couple of kids found "having relations" in a parked car. Historically the holiday season has brought some good ones. I remember the police being called to a dispute between two neighbors on the 2100 block of Douglas one year because the neighbors were about to fight because one neighbor had supposedly "copied" the other's Christmas decorations. This week we have another great holiday installment.

A report was received at 7:38 p.m. Thursday of a van parked in the 1800 block of Peninah with a man leaning out the door and vomiting. The driver told authorities he had eaten too much turkey.

I'll try to keep up with the good ones, and maybe I'll have some race reports soon too.

Last weekend race wasn't so great. I hung in the top ten until 2 to go, and ended up 11th or 12th. Hopefully this weekend will bring better things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too much tukey and too much beer. i look forward to the posts.

ds